What started as a busy season filled with sporting events, trade shows, school activities, and group outings has quickly turned into empty calendars full of cancellations. Coronavirus, or COVID-19, is impacting day-to-day life for many. While this presents operational challenges and slowing sales, the slower pace is an opportunity to redirect your focus to the foundational elements of your business.
Here are a few simple things to do to keep yourself on track and prepare for a successful rest of the year.
Continue Working with Customers
With technology like FaceTime, Zoom, Google Hangouts, and Skype, you can connect with others from almost anywhere. Leveraging communication tools like these allow you to hold virtual face-to-face meetings with coworkers, partners, customers, and others in your network. Schedule time to host a virtual meeting to review past projects, brainstorm new ideas, or even check-in as a friend.
- Is there a customer or account I haven’t talked to recently?
- What previous project(s) can I expand upon this upcoming year?
- Who might need a caring call in this uncertain time?
If virtual meetings aren’t your thing, send thank you emails or bring back the lost art of handwritten cards.
- Who has gone above and beyond?
- What do I appreciate about a long-time client of mine?
- How can I thank a new client for their business with me?
Research the Biz
A slower pace allows a little extra time and space to research products, technology, or new ideas for your business that can be implemented once things pick up again.
- What is the most intriguing product I’ve seen at a recent trade show or in a catalog? Which customer or project could I pitch that item for?
- How can I streamline current processes to become more scalable and acquire new business?
- What is a unique or refreshing way I can approach a “typical” customer request?
- Have I recently heard of a new product or fresh idea I thought would be fun to try out?
Explore and research product trends to plan ahead and stay on top of the market.
- What trend do I find most interesting in 2020? Why that one, and what products can I show to customers that align with that trend?
- Which resources do I use to find new products and stay updated on trends? Are there other tools or resources I can start using?
Learn a new skill related to the projects you’re currently working on, or research the industries of your customers to better understand their needs.
- Are there any new regulations in place that may require my clients to purchase new gear or uniforms?
- What is a new decoration style or equipment that I find interesting?
- Fill in the blank: If I could explain ______ better, my clients might see me as more of a go-to, trusted source for their needs.
Keep an eye out for Part II of the OMG Work From Home Tool Kit Series coming out with ideas for planning new opportunities and surprising ways to make an impact!
OrderMyGear is an eCommerce platform delivering clients the ability to create unique online stores with personalized apparel and gear for corporations, teams, and schools. Our solutions give businesses the advantage of cutting-edge technology to efficiently sell customized merchandise online. Through our integrations and partnerships with all major sporting brands and apparel designers, along with our custom website builder, we simplify the collection, customization, and distribution of products to the end consumer. With over 11 years in the technology industry, more than 2,500 clients and nearly a billion dollars in processed GMV, we consider ourselves to be the leading experts in customized group demand for eCommerce.
For more information, visit the OrderMyGear website here.
Media Contact: Hayley Bell | firstname.lastname@example.org | 214-396-2110